VERBIO North America Corporation (VNA) is growing its headquarters in Livonia, Michigan, at the Laurel Park Place Office Center located at the intersection of 6 Mile Road and Highway I-275. VNA is a subsidiary of VERBIO AG, a well-established, successful biofuel company in Germany. VERBIO produces innovative biofuels, such a Biodiesel, Bioethanol and Biogas/Renewable Natural Gas (RNG), and feed and fertilizers as well as bio-components for the pharmaceutical, cosmetics and food industries. Currently VNA is constructing a large-scale biorefinery in Iowa, USA and is in the process of acquiring a biodiesel plant in Ontario, Canada with ambitions for further growth.
The Office Administrator will be an integral part of our team and report directly to Company Leadership. This is a full-time hourly position with full benefits including health, dental, vision, 401(k), and vacation.
- Prepare external/internal correspondence and presentation materials
- Gather information and assist with completing internal/external reports, forms, applications, etc.
- Provide bookkeeping support to the Accounting Department on an as-needed basis (A/R, A/P, journal entries, approval and banking functions)
- Serve as liaison between US insurance carriers and German parent company policy
- Administer contracts with vendors related to headquarters or construction processes
- Generate market intelligence through basic electronic research, mapping, and data analysis
- Post job descriptions, perform preliminary screening of job applicants, other HR duties
- Act as the office’s liaison for property management issues
- Coordinate travel logistics – flights, hotels, rental cars, meeting rooms, restaurants, etc.
- Screen all telephone calls and process incoming/outgoing mail
- Scan, copy, print, proofread, and other document-related functions
- Manage office supply inventory and order supplies as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Associates degree, bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3+ years relevant experience, including some bookkeeping
- Working proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, Skype
- Experience with Photoshop/Illustrator or ERP software a plus
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving analysis as well as high level of data entry accuracy
- Positive team player with effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with sensitive data and maintain confidentiality
Interested candidates should submit a Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org