VERBIO North America is seeking a RELIABILITY MANAGER for its biomethane and ethanol production facility located at 59219 Lincoln Highway, Nevada, IA 50201. This is a full-time salaried position including health, dental, vision, 401(k), vacation and other employee benefits.
This location is the site of the former DuPont cellulosic ethanol facility. At this site, VERBIO plans to produce biomethane (renewable natural gas) from baled crop residues and ethanol from grain. The plant is currently under construction and the plan is to begin biomethane production in second quarter 2020. Future growth will include an expansion of the biomethane process and retrofitting of the ethanol facilities.
The Reliability Manager reports directly to the Nevada Plant Manager. This position is focused on optimizing plant reliability.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, graduate education a plus
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in industrial/manufacturing environment
- Experience as a Reliability Manager or Maintenance Manager
- Experience using preventive and predictive maintenance programs
- Experience with CMMS (computerized maintenance management systems)
- Willing and able to work off hours, overtime, weekends, and holidays, as needed
- Experience at the plant level in one of the following industries is a plus – Agricultural Processing, Ethanol, Chemical, Refining Industry (involving distillation)
- Develop and implement a predictive and preventive maintenance strategy to include operator basic care
- Plan and schedule maintenance activities
- Interface with Technology Team to establish predictive and preventive maintenance strategies for newly added equipment
- Lead and supervise the maintenance group and be a technical resource that develops expertise of equipment and options to improve maintenance and operating practices
- Work with operations leaders to ensure that equipment meets required specifications
- Develop cohesive teams between the operations and maintenance groups to improve reliability
- Perform root cause analysis of downtime for each asset
- Assess machine conditions by using technical, electrical, and mechanical skills
- Provide reliability training for operations to improve skills and knowledge
- Manage financial resources and accountability related to equipment parts inventory
- Meet with Company Leadership to review plant production and efficiency.
- Follow standard operating procedures as given by the Technology Team.
- Research and develop new processes and parameters following the decision of the Technology Team.
- Participate in monthly meetings with the Technology Team and prepare the documents for these meetings.
- Be a team member of the Technology Team.
- Maintain communication with Company Leadership as needed.
- Additional duties, as assigned.
Physical Requirements and Environmental Factors:
- Must be able to work in environmental factors that include noise, dust, hot weather, and cold weather.
- Must be able to lift 55 pounds.
- Must be able to ascend and descend stairs, ladders, and gangways on a frequent basis and be able to work while standing on a continuous basis.
- Ability to safely work aloft (heights over 20’) including ladders, man lifts, harnesses, equipment tops and scaffolding.
- Ability to enter confined spaces, following all safety procedures, while in performance of job duties.
- Must be able to communicate by using and hearing 2-way radio.
- Have dexterity and ability to maneuver equipment in tight working spaces.
Interested candidates should submit a Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org