VERBIO North America is seeking an Automation and Instrumentation Technician for its biomethane and ethanol production facility located at 59219 Lincoln Highway, Nevada, IA 50201. This is a full-time hourly position including health, dental, vision, 401(k), vacation and other employee benefits.
This location is the site of the former DuPont cellulosic ethanol facility. At this site, VERBIO plans to produce biomethane (renewable natural gas) from baled crop residues and ethanol from grain. The plant is currently under construction and the plan is to begin biomethane production in second quarter 2020. Future growth will include an expansion of the biomethane process and retrofitting of the ethanol facilities.
This role will specifically focus on automation and instrumentation in the plant to ensure proper operation of all automation and control systems. The work scope will include programming, troubleshooting and start-up assistance for a variety of controls systems components. Must be familiar with PCS7 and PLC’s. Must have experience in installation, calibration, and troubleshooting of process control instrumentation (levels, flow meters, valves, etc.)
- Associates degree or four or more years of industrial instrumentation and automation
- Experience in a manufacturing, industrial, or military environment.
- Experience in programming PCS 7 or similar control system.
- Requires analytical and problem-solving skills to be applied in design and troubleshooting work.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Programming in PCS7
- Calibration of instrumentation
- Troubleshooting instruments, valves, and motors
- Ensure operations are in accordance with safety requirements
- Additional duties, as assigned
Physical Requirements and Environmental Factors:
- Must be able to work in environmental factors that include noise, dust, hot weather, and cold weather.
- Must be able to lift 55 pounds.
- Must be able to ascend and descend stairs, ladders, and gangways on a frequent basis and be able to work while standing on a continuous basis.
- Ability to safely work aloft (heights over 20’) including ladders, man lifts, harnesses, equipment tops and scaffolding.
- Ability to enter confined spaces, following all safety procedures, while in performance of job duties.
- Must be able to communicate by using and hearing 2-way radio.
- Have dexterity and ability to maneuver equipment in tight working spaces.