VERBIO North America is seeking a highly-motivated, self-driven Instrumentation and Electrical Technician for its biomethane and ethanol production facility located at 59219 Lincoln Highway, Nevada, IA 50201. This is a full-time hourly position including health, dental, vision, 401(k), vacation and other employee benefits.
This location is the site of the former DuPont cellulosic ethanol facility. At this site, VERBIO plans to produce biomethane (renewable natural gas) from baled crop residues and ethanol from grain. The plant is currently under construction and the plan is to begin biomethane production in second quarter 2020. Future growth will include an expansion of the biomethane process and retrofitting of the ethanol facilities.
This role will specifically focus on electrical and instrumentation in the plant to ensure proper operation of all instrumentation and electrical systems.
• Two (2) years of on the job experience or equivalent education
• Good communication and organizational skills
• Experience troubleshooting electrical and instrument control systems and maintenance support equipment
• Experience reading technical drawings and schematics
• Familiar with computerized maintenance managements systems
• Experience in a manufacturing, industrial, or military environment.
• Perform emergency maintenance on failed equipment
• Install, maintain and troubleshoot PLC’s, process controls, electrical, instrument, and pneumatic equipment.
• Calibrate, configure, and repair of measurement/controls instruments flow, level, pressure, temperature, and PH including associated valves and valve actuators
• Assist with the shutdown and startup of equipment on shut down projects.
• Adhere to all OSHA and National Electrical Safety Code regulations and procedures
• Replace and repair parts, rewire, install related instrument/electrical items including conduit and/or wiring
• Preventative and proactive electrical tasks and compliance procedures
• Inform management of any instrument/electrical parts needed and assist with maintaining the required instrument/electronic/electrical parts inventories
• Other duties as assigned
Physical Requirements and Environmental Factors:
• Must be able to work in environmental factors that include noise, dust, hot weather,
and cold weather.
• Must be able to lift 55 pounds.
• Must be able to ascend and descend stairs, ladders, and gangways on a frequent basis
and be able to work while standing on a continuous basis.
• Ability to safely work aloft (heights over 20’) including ladders, man lifts, harnesses,
equipment tops and scaffolding.
• Ability to enter confined spaces, following all safety procedures, while in performance of
• Must be able to communicate by using and hearing 2-way radio.
• Have dexterity and ability to maneuver equipment in tight working spaces.
Interested candidates should submit a Cover Letter and Resume to email@example.com