VERBIO Diesel Canada (VDC) is a subsidiary of VERBIO AG, a well-established, successful biofuel company in Germany. VERBIO Diesel Canada Corporation (VDC) invests in a biodiesel and glycerine production facility in Welland, Ontario. VDC will become one of the leading biodiesel producer in North America with an annual capacity of approx. 150,000 tons of biodiesel and 18,000 tons of crude glycerin. VDC strives for technological leadership in the field of production of renewable fuels.
The Process Operator Shift Leader ensures a safe work environment while delivering maximum production quantity and the highest product quality. This is done by operating the Human Machine Interface (HMI) to move product through processing stages while supporting the policies, goals and objectives of VDC. The process operator reports to Production Manager for daily schedules and tasks and is supervising the process Operators on shift.
• Operates HMI equipment; understands regulations relating to process operations and works in a manner to ensure that these regulations are met;
• Performs small repairs on equipment; communicates directly with the maintenance department to coordinate complicated repairs and maintenance requirements; assists maintenance employees and contractors as needed in performing maintenance and repairs.
• Works in a safe manner at all times following Verbio Diesel Canada (VDC) policies and procedures; handles corrosive chemicals and other dangerous and toxic products using the respective personal protective equipment as required;
• Coordinates and plans daily with the Terminal Supervisor in regards to loading/unloading and the receiving schedule
• Takes routine field readings and diagnoses faults affecting facility conditions;
• Loads and unloads oil from trucks and rail cars; supporting the Terminal team
• Operates hoists and cranes within the facility;
• Carries out regular maintenance and housekeeping duties of the facility.
• Leads investigations and root cause analysis
• High school diploma; Engineering Fourth Class Certification an asset
• Experience in operating Human Machine Interface (HMI)
• Experience in leadership and supervisor position
• Vegetable oil experience within the food, biodiesel or chemical industry is an asset.
• Demonstrated mechanical knowledge and ability;
• A working knowledge of computer software programs such as Microsoft Office and the Internet; effective leadership skills is an asset
• Good communication skills, both verbal and written
• Availability to work rotating 12 hour shift schedules
• Physically fit and able to lift a minimum of fifty lbs
• Previous tow motor or other lift experience is an asset
What We Offer:
• Full time employment with opportunities to grow and learn in a team environment in a sustainable and growing economic environment.
• Competitive compensation package
• Full benefits package
• Company training programs
• Flat hierarchies with short communication paths