VERBIO Diesel Canada (VDC) is a subsidiary of VERBIO AG, a well-established, successful biofuel company in Germany. VERBIO Diesel Canada Corporation (VDC) invests in a biodiesel and glycerine production facility in Welland, Ontario. VDC will become one of the leading biodiesel producer in North America with an annual capacity of approx. 150,000 tons of biodiesel and 18,000 tons of crude glycerin. VDC strives for technological leadership in the field of production of renewable fuels.
The Terminal Operator works in a safe manner while performing product handling of finished goods (biodiesel, glycerin), raw material (soy or canola oil) and a variety of chemicals in an industrial work environment. The majority of product handling will be by way of tank railcar, tank truck, pallet and totes. It is the terminal operator’s responsibility to perform associated work as directed by work orders and/or supervision consistent with standard operating procedures and provincial and local regulations in a safe and timely manner.
• Transfer of finished goods, raw material and chemical products to and from various storage tanks, including railcars and tank trucks
• Unload dry product as well as chemical totes using a telehandler
• Safely preparing and communicating with train engineers for railcar shunting
• Open and close valves, connect and disconnect hoses in order to allow for proper product transfer
• Controlling/monitoring an HMI (Human Machine Interface) and PLC (programmable logic controller) for loading and unloading
• Perform daily walk-around inspections of the liquid handling equipment over entire facility
• Spill prevention and spill clean-up
• Ensure all necessary documentation is completed and returned to supervisor or Logistics Department
• Actively participate in safety programs and initiatives
• Perform all work in compliance with Company standards and procedures requirements
• Additional tasks as required by the business
• High-School Diploma or GED is required
• Familiar and knowledgeable in Transportation of Dangerous Goods and asset Telehandler experience is an asset
• Experience working in an industrial environment, specifically a loading/unloading terminal.
• Experience with handling hazardous liquid chemicals
• Flexible schedule to work in a 6AM to 8PM operation, with availability for extra coverage for nights and late/early shipments and planned/unplanned absences
• The ability to work from written and oral instructions
• Must be able to work with a team, take direction from supervisor, adhere to required work schedules, focus attention on details, follow company policies, as well as take on additional job responsibilities as required
• Superior work ethic and dependability
• Able to work rotating 12 hour days shift schedules
• Must be able to withstand extreme weather conditions as outside work is mandatory
• Physical requirements include, but may not be limited to, walking up and down stairs/ladders including heights over 40 feet, negotiating uneven surfaces, and carry up to 50 pounds
• Must be able to wear standard PPE (hard hat, goggles, rain gear, steel toe boots), and qualify to wear a full face respirator
• Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and a driving record satisfactory to the Company and its insurers
What We Offer:
• Full time employment with opportunities to grow and learn in a team environment in a sustainable and growing economic environment.
• Competitive compensation package
• Full benefits package
• Company training programs
• Flat hierarchies with short communication paths